Sunday, March 16, 2014

To ..... Fun




In a perfect world I'd like to be the mom who celebrates every holiday in full fashion.
We'd decorate.
Eat the right food.
Show up at the parade.
Give gifts.
Know all the correct history behind why we're celebrating.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

It's not a perfect world :)

I am kinda kicking myself for not buying Lucky Charms. And why don't we have mint chip ice cream in the freezer, I don't know.

And then I think - what??!! there's like a million green colored veggies we could be eating instead.
We actually have a decent selection of them .... part of the reason why we don't have Lucky Charms!

I even looked on Pinterest tonight.
gasp!

The kids are having a hard time reconciling tomorrow being a holiday & yet having to go to school.

Oh wait ... not a perfect world :)

But when your ridiculously creative better half happens upon some great photo booth St. Patricks Day props ....
You can at least have some fun. 

So fun we had.





I know right, he slays me :)
He was just not picking up on the festive spirit.

















also dolly lost her first tooth this weekend














Are we going to have corned beef & cabbage tomorrow?
No.

Do we know who St Patrick was?
Yes.

Do we believe people should be saints?
Not really.

Do we want everyone to know Jesus?
Absolutely.

Is there still a possibility of Shamrock Shakes & mint ice cream?
.... probably :)

- - -

Other parts of our Sunday afternoon included in no particular order - naps, popcorn & a 2 mile walk.





- - -

We've already missed 'middle name pride day' & 'national bubble week'. We might try & remember 'national zucchini day' : )

There is so much worth celebrating .... beyond middle names, bubbles & zucchini, obviously.
It's also ok to just have fun.



ps - we are not Irish ;)







4 comments:

Arlene said...

I'm pretty sure I lost my morning coffee on the paperwork in front of my computer when I scrolled to the 5th picture....his sweet little mouth is all puckered up and I'm betting it's full of spit and lunch!!!!!!!!! You just got'ta love the quiet ones in the bunch! Lovely pictures, O talented saint!

Kristi Carne said...

I always love to follow a link to your blog. Your words and pictures make me smile and sometime cry. I leave encouraged. Thanks for brightening up my morning!
Kristi

Beth said...

Could Chad BE any cuter?? I love it. I would like to think my pot of gold holding self would be happier, but then again he probably knows it's just paper, ha! He's thinking "This ain't foolin' me, lady!"

Hey we have lucky charms! But we had them not because of St.Patricks day, they're like a staple at our house.

Wanda said...

So much happy going on here! Love this...the reality vs. what you dream of. So it's not only me? Happy St. Paddy's Day. I'm not Irish either, but I was born on St. Patrick's Day.