Thursday, August 21, 2014

To ..... A Ben Post -



I honestly can't think of the last time I sat on the couch.
Crazy, right.

But I'm here tonight ... or really early this morning.
I stayed up to pick up the house.

One ... or seven ... more loads of laundry.
Put away the popcorn maker that's been out for ... well really it's only been out for a day & a half.
Write that note on the calendar.
Sweep the floor.
Start my own collection of Legos :)

I'm letting a few songs play over & over.
I'm needing the truth of them to sink past my brain right down into my heart.

We're on a countdown of 4 days left of summer vacation - official.
I've spent the last couple of weeks neck deep in preparing.
5 kids is a lot to school.
Actually :)
Plus Chad.
Who doesn't go to school.
Yet.
Regan though .....
There is not a more excited almost kindergartener.
At least on our road.
Possibly in our whole town.
She tells me at night 'mom i wish school was started tomorrow'

Yep, she's that beautiful.
And if anything, inspiring.
For her I'll do much.

I've been kicking around the idea of one last summer fling.
We've got 4 days.
Plus an all day meeting.
A good bye party to throw.
A wedding to attend.
But still .....

- - -

Actually the point of this post was is Benny.


He's 8 now.
He has been for all of 15 days.
He likes being 8 he says.


We've been trying for birthday pictures all month.
I wanted this place past the orchards, by the corn fields.

We chased the sunset one night.
The little girls came with us & we didn't make it in time.

But this morning .... Sailor did his hair & he brought his bagel outside & we slapped mosquitoes off our legs & snapped a few.


I love this boy.
With all my everything.
I love how he keeps me humble.
I love his ridiculously beautiful chocolate eyes & tan all year skin.
I love how he's a middle kid & yet refuses to be lost in the mix of life.
I love how he is his own person - he's never ever gone with any flow.

Certain things are super easy to figure out about him.
Like let him sleep ... 12 hours a night if possible.
Ben is not a morning person :)

Other things are super hard to figure out about him.
Like his mind .... and what, why, how he thinks.
Ben is not one to wear his heart on his sleeve.




But he has no fear in being himself.
And still wears 5t shorts with the sides pulled in & buttoned.


Never mind his mostly eaten bagel in these : )
.... I love them 'cause they're about the realest Ben smile there is.

- - -

We actually spent his birthday at home.
We didn't go anywhere.
He got a new set of Legos & that was what he and Jack did.


Shirtless, of course ..... 'cause that's another easy thing to figure out about him :)

He wanted steak for dinner & we didn't even bake a cake because we were going to go out for ice cream.
But he ended up with a killer headache that left him laying in the bathroom throwing up.
Bum. mer.
In spite of that though, he told me he had a great day.

The night before we went & watched baseball, live from the bleachers.

there were focus issues here ... clearly :)
friends at our tailgate parking lot party -

- - -



I love you, Benny - love Jesus & live for Him with passion & abandon & without fear.



No comments: