Wednesday, November 11, 2015

To ...... Some Birthday Love -



I'm sitting here just drumming my fingers over the keys .... I have so much to write.
I've just baked potatoes for the first time in I can't think of when.
I'm listening to this song.

It's quiet in our usually loud house.
We're just going to throw up ... that doesn't sound right .... we're just going to copy & paste.

Birthday pictures ... that's the point.
We're posting old birthday pictures.



Roopop is six.
She sleeps in her clothes & only brushes her hair on an absolutely have to basis.
She loves pomegranates & broccoli and to be fair, candy.
She learned how to spell and write her middle & last names.
She plays with dolls and Molly.
She hasn't actually met a stranger & doesn't believe in personal space.
She enjoys the perks of older siblings and the friends they have.
She is loud and funny.

She woke up to gifts & love & breakfast.
Went to school.
Spent some time at Grandma's house.
Then ended her birthday at Awana.


- - -

Turning six for Regan doesn't actually come with birthday pictures this year.
These were from some Saturday where they did their sister thing for hours & hours together.


- - -




I'm slayed .... she is a grace & a gift from the very extravagance of heaven itself.
I could study her for a lifetime.
I'm trying to sum up in a line or a sentence what I pray she learns .... all while the words of that song still play.
Jesus, Roo .... He is all you will ever.ever need.
 

Every fortune cookie from Panda Express that Rex has ever read to her reads ....
             'you are beautiful and your daddy loves you very much'
:)truth.

- - -


Rex had a birthday too.
He is was showered with reckless and adorning love ..... and a bowtie :)

- - -


1 comment:

amber. said...

so much sweetness.
and pretty cool on those fortune cookies!!
happy birthday to your Roo& Rex. :))
xox