Wednesday, September 17, 2014

To .... Summer Flings -







Chad threw up all over our bed this morning.
Pillows
Quilt
Soaked through to the sheets

So I washed everything.
And then was just going to crawl into bed.
Pretty sure it came from Mom ... the whole if-you-have-clean-sheets-you-should-be-clean-too
:)
So I took a shower.
Shaved my legs.
Washed my hair.

And now I'm clean & so are my sheets.
And there is no reason you needed to know any of that.

Chad is better.
It's ok not to do 14 things at once.
It's ok to sit on the couch all morning & hold him.
It's ok when he wakes up from his nap to hold him some more.

That's what I did today.

Some of the kids went to school.
Some stayed with me.

And I am not beating myself up over any of it.

Why is it that the only night of the cat's entire life that you need it to be left in the laundry room because it's going to the vet in the morning - that's the night the cat bolts out the door & up the tree??

Stupid cat.

Remember the whole 'before school starts we're doing one last summer fling' ??
School started.
But Labor Day hits like right after & just like that you get a holiday.
So we summer flinged.
(i know that's not a word)


The parking ticket meter man said Santa Cruz was the most googled beach in the country for Labor Day.
It's not just some googled beach to us.
It's our beach.
We just share it  ..... shared it with zillions of others that day :)
We brought great bean dip & a pumpkin pie to celebrate.


One the way out of town we talked Mom & Dad into coming.
We stopped and bought the girls swimsuits for like $1.99 off the Old Navy clearance racks
And we got Starbucks.




















- - - 




- - -



Sailor wrote a paper on her best summer memory & she wrote all about this beach trip.
Pretty much nailing the whole these sort of trips are totally worth it idea.



.... and what is it with bunny ears, family?!!
.... and the cat came back.
..... and clean sheets feel amazing.



No comments: