Sunday, April 20, 2014

To a Resurrection from Death ..... (and carrot cake :)



photo credit to c. heatwole


For the past 4 years we've started our Easter Sunday rolling out of bed & meeting with friends in our back field.

We don't dress up, we don't even technically meet at sunrise. We just show up & celebrate a God who is greater ....

Greater than sin & death & pain & hard.

Greater.

Our God is greater.


- - -



i spy a pink shoe with lacy socks ...
I'm siting here with a way too big piece of carrot cake that I added vanilla ice cream to.

We didn't dye eggs today.
I didn't even buy the little girls new dresses this year.
Mom did cook a ham.
She made Easter baskets for all the kids.

Easter twenty.14





clearly we were all doing our own thing here .... except aunt shirley. she got the just look & smile memo :)










- - -




- - -






- - - 


truth.


- - - 



easter sunday 2014 -







6 comments:

Rachel said...

we didn't dye any eggs this year either.
and, you know what?
nobody even mentioned it.
i love seeing pictures of your family. the kids are all getting so big!!
happy Monday!

good_to_be_home said...

I always love your posts, they are beautiful in their honesty and I can sense the love and fun you and your family share. Happy Easter, blog friend!

Beth said...

I didn't dye eggs this year either!

I just love pictures of your family!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Your family is just adorable.
This was the first year I have ever bought my girls dresses! Haha. My mother in law is a master resale shopper and I they always get these expensive dresses I could never afford from her...that she paid $3 for! So this year they were excited when I said we were going to go shopping and they could pick out dresses AND shoes! Not that they ever cared before..the dresses were always new to them and they were happy as clams to wear those too.

Anyway, enough about my dresses..back to your post.
You look beautiful! Love your dress. It looks so pretty with your hair color. As for carrot cake...I ate too much yesterday. No vanilla ice cream though, but that's a good idea! :)

Happy Tuesday.

Tessy @ Long Letter Memoir said...

We didn't dye Easter eggs. No new Easter dresses here either. I didn't even do baskets this year. We did do two Easter egg hunts.

Love the series of family pictures. They made me laugh.

amber. said...

when did baby chad grow hair and start walking?? i feel like he should still be bald and in diapers!!! ~ crazy how fast these kiddos grow up. my oldest two are taller and nearly than me now. no new clothes here either except a sweater for em because we're in canada where easter is never WARM, for crying out loud!!!! and i love all the shots. candid and everyone doing their own thing are the best. you look gorgeous btw. just gorgeous!