Monday, June 22, 2015

To .... Ode to Dad -




I know, right.
There are so many things about this picture to be jealous of :)
My dress .. and matching hair bows ... and perfectly tilted head.
Dad's glasses .... and suit .... and parted down the middle hair.
Mom's hairstyle .... and silk blouse .... and lip color.
Chad's turtleneck .... and belt .... and hand placement.

Amie is cute.
In a 1986 sort of way.

Ah, this beauty hangs in the hall at Moms.
(and except for my shadow on the left, I'm kinda proud of the way I captured the correct coloring of the original look on a manual setting in the unnatural hall light :)
I thought it was the perfect way to start out a Father's Day post.
29 years later .....




I spent another Father's Day with Dad.
I like him.
#bestdadever

Why ....
'cause we still have a relationship.

- - -




Pool races today.
And a bbq.
And baseball.
And berry pie.

And an afternoon together.



The kids were all why are you taking a picture with Grandma ... it's Father's Day, not Mother's Day.
We like Mom too.

- - -


Here's where we interrupt this post for a snap of the girls itching their poor mosquito bitten legs.
War wounds from slumbering on the trampoline in the country, by cows.

- - -




Before church Father's Day love ....
With the help of his dad they made him this fancy keep-his-tools-organized-thing.
They were excited.
He was impressed.

Molly also gave him a pack of gum.

- - -




We had to get past Ben's fake smile.
Sailor told why did the chicken cross the road jokes :)

Also Ben's answer to the what do you like about Dad question was -
'cause he is the best dad in the world & he comes to swim meets & he's the best electrician & his kisses are like tickles'



Chad was more into his stick, which he said was his own camera, than he was to being in a picture.
He answered the what do you like about Dad question all matter of fact like this -
tuz I do. ('cause i do)



Somehow he thought that starting off standing behind them all was a good pose .....

Molly said -
that he provides for us & gives money for food.



Hashtag too many straws on poor camels back :)
But later on after she had recovered a bit & when she was interviewed for this publication answered -
cause I like it when he always makes food & when he buy-ed me a new bike.




Jacky boy replied with -
because he loves me & he's veRy fun to be around.






I know .... there was more of her than all the others combined.
But :)
The whole point was to document relationship & theirs is a great one to watch through the lens .... and in real life.

First she answered what do you like about dad with she didn't know, then said 'a lot of things' and ended with 'cause he kisses me on the top of my head every night'

- - -



These are just a few options for Sailor one day when she needs a '1986' picture :)

- - -



100 pictures later & not one had everyone looking.
not.
a.
single.
one.

- - -


Jack's photography skills combined with Ben's photo-bombing skills equal these pictures.
I'm pretty much in love with them all :) 

Also the reality that I get to be the mom of his kids & that we get to live out the rest of our life together is all sorts of fabulous.

All sorts of undeserved grace ....
upon grace.


No comments: