Thursday, May 18, 2017

To .... Eight Fast Years (or 9 counting kindergarten :) -





She graduated this week.
8th grade.



And just like that she went from starting kindergarten 3 months ago to starting high school in 3 months.

I'm at this sentimental crossroads thinking about her education.
It started around my grandparents old dining table.
It spent a lot of years out in our school room.
Huge parts were in the orchards.
It was the last 7 years with CC once a week.
It happened in the living room while she painted her nails & drew world maps & listened to read aloud's.

- - -







These are from the Challenge graduation.
I'm pretty sure there is no way I'd still be homeschooling my kids without the community that is these people.

- - -




These are from Mock Trial last month .... the swan song of her 8th grade year.

- - -




These are from nails & Starbucks with Lilly & Auntie Amie braiding her hair.

- - -




These are ..... please sneak out with me really quick, 'cause I want your picture even if the wind is blowing your hair & there is no good back drop.

- - -


This is the only shot of her giving her speech. Regan especially moaned our choice of seats.


..... and Pearly.

- - -



There's a big part of my heart that knows now all those times she cut out for the orchard before school started .... all those times weren't a big deal after all.

Because for example .... blink or blink again


No comments: