Thursday, June 25, 2015

To .... Swim Meet Saturdays -



We're at the pool - appropriate today since we're probably posting the only official swim meet post of the season.

It smells like sunscreen & heat & chlorine.
It sounds like swim coaches & water splashing & little kids in lessons.

Rex bought me a real bleacher chair.
So I'm sitting here listening to Molly read a library book & every now & then Chad calls out from the edge of the pool 'mom!!' then smiles & waves .
Today he is wearing goggles - 'cause he's cool like that :)

- - -






- - -






We don't sleep in on Saturday mornings in June & July.
In fact we wake up pretty early.

Driving
Set-up
Check-in
Warm-ups
A donut
The National Anthem

All usually happens before 8am.

We used to make these really great egg & sausage burritos  ... but now we just buy 'plastc' donuts.
The hostess ones from the grocery.
Last week I even bought pop-tarts .... Sailor was all 'Mom, you said you'd never buy those again!'
I know ....





- - -



Rex has this thing about picking sunflowers from the side of the road.
I photograph the road.
All on the way to a meet.

- - -




- - -

Warm-ups - 


The headless towel carrier :)
I like him.

- - -


- - -


- - -







- - -

Last weekend they had a Father's Day race, where kids could race against their dads.
We took up 6 of the 8 blocks.
Rex came in 2nd.
He lost to Sailor & beat everyone else :)


- - -

The most lucrative business to be had at meets ....


- - -

How swim meets end - 



- - -





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm seriously in awe.
this is a lot to pull off every Saturday with a big family.
your kids are all just growing so fast too.
always happy to stop by your blog.
happy weekend to you!

good_to_be_home said...

I'm in awe, too, & so happy to see a big beautiful family enjoying a sport TOGETHER like this! What memories you are making!

April said...

I love that he picks wild sunflowers. I love the sleepy faces being carried out to the car. I love Molly-dolly's face burried in layers of clothes. I love this post and I love you guys XOXO