Sunday, February 23, 2014

To ..... Not Waiting for Perfect.




I took my camera card out of the camera ..... it's now lost & I have no one to blame but myself. Before that, my purse spilled off an escalator & the camera fell out & the lens did not survive. That was my fault too.

So instead of waiting to fix all that ^ this post is all about unedited phone pictures that never made the instagram cut.

I just carried Molly to bed. We've spent the last 2 weeks falling asleep together on the couch in the evenings watching the Olympics.

I confess I've been completely soft .... one more race, one more skier, one more, one more, one more & then it's 11:30.

It's only every 2 years :)
So we made sure homework was done & dishes were washed & we all had enough blankets to sweat snuggle up together with & we made memories & cheered for the USA. And that first picture pretty much sums up our look.

- - -



She had her money counted & spent a dozen different ways before she made her actual purchase.
#shesaplannerthatgirl


The rare combo of the oldest & the youngest.
#fundynamics


Right after the milk spilt that morning, she fell off her chair.
#itbrokeshecried


Fresh air reading lessons.
#learnanywhereeverywhere


 I was kinda in love with her freckles & chipped nail polish & the way she is determined to read.
#gogetter
New white board markers & late night tutor prep.
#iworklateonmondays


Sometimes I pick up my phone & find random pictures.
#ilovelifethroughtheireyes #theyknowmypassword :)



He has a unique relationship with the cat .... here he felt the need to soften the food in water first
#andthecatlivesanotherday


Sent some love to the great state of Ohio
#becausewehearther


Pre-school plus Roo Pop equals darling-ness
#shesdarlingness


I like the mornings they can just sit on the floor with little toys and be 4 & 2.
#myfavoritedayjob


It wasn't in the oven anymore so he thought it was time to eat it
#hesperfectlysafedad #honest


It goes under my amazing mom moments when forts take over the living room
#idonthandleblanketfortswell #yeswefeedben


Well yes, she was proud of her outfit.
#sailordressedher


There was one day we played hooky & rode elevators & waved at the security people behind the counters.
#andweshoppedsomegreatsales


They couldn't decide ....
#rainbowsareeverywhere #ifyoulook


Sister was sharing love with the plastic peeps
#shesgenerous #andcute


8' magnetic whiteboard ... for free.
#yespleaseandthankyou


They recently discovered the word 'selfie' & what it means .... did I mention ...
#theyknowmypassword #ideletedozensofthesebabies #everyday



Not that we never take our own :)
#welikeus


Do you see the look on her face! fun.ny
#sisterfriends


You won't find this style on Pinterest or in Martha ....
#thatsok


She's speed skating ... just like the Dutch on the TV screen :)
#olympicfever


We helped the Anderson's move in.
#theyreback


Yes, he's that adorable ... and he knows where his armpits are :)
#chady


It was too warm for boots ... but why I thought my winter feet were tough enough for a barefoot walk ...?
#theywerent


They just walked together ... holding hands.
#iwantedtorememberthemoment
 

Click. remember always.
#ok


Lisa & I bought succulents & are in a contest to see who's will live the longest.
#clearlymineisthrivingandhappy


It's helpful to get out of my own head every now & then.
#truth


Reason 48 why texting was a genius invention :)
#lifeisfull #andloud



Road tripping right on out of Texas.
#ilovegeography


A new look at school.
#makingsmallspacebigger


'Mom did we just tooked a selfie of ourselves?' she asked, then laughed when I said yes.
#walkingintochurch

- - -

The goal is to have real pictures next post, but in the meantime life does not wait for perfect.
#enjoynow



5 comments:

Esther Heatwole said...

My dear, those pictures are as real as they get. :) Love you.

Shannon said...

Love this post. We all live a real life, love seeing other peoples. :)

Cindy said...

funny how real is perfect for me.
loved it.

Beth said...

Well I love the pictures, however you got them and put them on here. :D

I bet your crew is fun.

good_to_be_home said...

Love it. I think your baby standing on the counter was my favorite.
HUGS!