Wednesday, July 16, 2014

To .... a Journal of Summer -





I'm sitting outside .... watching a pair of brothers and sisters enjoy summer.
They had the hose on the trampoline.
Molly has this too stretched out old minnie mouse swim suit on - she's beautiful.
Chad's for that matter is a size 12m.
I'm ok with that ... being the baby an all :)
He's got a yard stick that is his sword.
My view is slightly blocked by the hanging laundry.
It's not unbearable in shade ..... at least when you compare it to the sun.
I replanted some flowers the neighbor's drat stray dog pulled up.
The lawn is freshly mowed, thanks to Jack.
Sailor is out with her daddy.

When I look back on summer, I want to remember afternoons like this.
Where they're barefoot & wet & carefree & have otter pop stains on their faces & have nothing else to do but play together.
It reminds me of grace.
Of not stressing out about the 3700 other things to do & plan & figure out.
Target has school supplies already!!!

They look something like this -

- - -

This summer he's mastered the art of otter pop eating.
There's salad for dinner .... and probably ice cream.




No comments: