Friday, August 1, 2014

To .... Birthdays & Life -





It's a new month & before we hit the next round of birthdays around here .... we'll give Sailor some air time.

I think July 15th is a great birthday day.
She was due July 18th, 2003.
But I like the sound of the 15th better :)

The 15th always hits as their swim season is wrapping up, it usually falls in the middle of Vacation Bible School week. It's pretty much ridiculously hot. It also ends a dry spell of birthdays around here.

This kid .... she's great.

I left her a card at her spot at the table that morning & told her 11 things about her that I love. I told her 11 things to be this year.
I think of any year, one birthday to the next, I've seen her grow up more between 10 & 11.


I don't want to think of 'only' having 7 years left ... till she's 18.
I'm pretty much excited to know her for the rest of her life.
To keep studying her & trying to understand her.
To watch her grow & learn.
To grow & learn with her.

Last weeks accident made life all the more real again.
Sweet.
Gifted.


I look at her & wonder how in the world ......
She's one of my favorite people, ever.


- - -

This July 15th they went to Vacation Bible School .... it's her last year.
We got In 'N Out for lunch .... her one fast food.
And a bbq & the pool were how we spent the rest of the day.




- - -



We snapped a few pictures on this overcast but crazy hot day last week.
Regs wanted to be a part of it :)



Happy birthday Sailor Jane ~


No comments: