Thursday, June 4, 2015

To .... a Pocket Full of Quotes -



I"m up late with the glow of the laptop screen for light.
On my phone I'm reading my lovely sister in law's blog. 
And I've got a song playing over & over on repeat 'cause it's that good.
Rex took me on a date tonight.
We did sexy things like buy food for Molly's pet hamster & other things like that.

I have soo, s o o much in my head that is begging for a post. 
But tonight I have a list of kid quotes I've been collecting & a mess of old pictures that are random.


As if there ever needed to be a reason to love 5 year old little girls ....bam, there you go.

She was doing kindergarten style homework the other day & goes -
"2+1= ok this is real math, right mom?"
#realmath

She prayed before dinner one night -
"Thank you Jesus for this day. Thank you that I'm on the team ..... (chad interjects his thankfulness with 'we watch a movie!') ....that Dad is not at work. That's all."


I asked her 'where'd you get those hic-ups?' without skipping a beat she answers -
"For once I have no idea .... " then she giggles .... "they're just popping out all over the place>"

Very seriously she asks -
"What's President Roosevelt's last name?"



- - -



Rex was helping Sailor with some homework & tried asking her the definition of an adjective -
"Tell me what an objective ... objective ... what's an objective?"
#weweredying #shortvowelshortvowel


Driving past a strip mall during tax season Sailor pipes up from the back -
"I used to think H&R Block was a hair salon."
#orthat :)

I was explaining one of my pet peeves to Rex & Sailor interrupts with -
"What's a pet peeve? I thought it was an animal"
#nope


Sailor bought new nail polish & I asked her if she read the 'quick tips for a perfect mani-pedi' to which Jack replied all serious -
 "I don't think she wants a nanny to petty her ??"

Jack told me matter of fact on a trip to the store -
"I'm going to buy 2 cars before I get married."

He also asked -
"Mom, can you buy me some poison .... (didn't wait for my answer, just thanked me in advance with) ... ok thanks!!"


that night we wanted a date & couldn't find a 'sitter -
we miss real babies in our house ....

no joke, she's eating cold burnt artichokes -


not everyone can be a winner, but these two were -


that's how close they were to the stage -

this was a hello to a friend selfie -
it was real for live polyester ... and i'm kinda kicking myself i didn't buy it -

the shovels, the mound of dirt, the old hymns, the boys, the friend with her arms around my girl -

study up -

stories with pearl -

the beauty of having nothing to do but use the imagination -

dolls & i wore green -

it was prettier in real life -

a date -
- - -


he doesn't always ride up top anymore -

Rex was cleaning up the bathroom, taking my bra back to the room when Chad offers -
"Hey Dad, those are moms. her wear them right here, on her shoulders."

mad skills when you master both hands in the pockets at the same time -

"At the red light you stop. At the green light you go"
I totally agreed & asked him where he learned that ...
"Grandma, uh hum."

his dad had cooler get up than he did -

He knew how to play the part at school one day -
"I have a pencil. I write my words ... one syllable."

Chad - "Why were you born, Mom?"
Me - .....
Ben then says to Regan - "it's hArd to get twins"
Me again - .....

he's still little enough to come running to me -


it's all good sharing cereal bowls -

tell them they can & they will -

pretty far off, but the beauty of country living was captured -

Loud. Out of the Blue. Totally unrelated. Ben proclaims -
"GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS! if you have a scab on your back, Pick it!!"

"I'm Saint Paul Minnesota, founder of Rhode Island - Canada was my home country" said the shirtless Ben with a metal stick in his hand, then adds "I'm Roosevelt Eisenhower!"

Proverbs by Ben -
"If you have extra energy it just all goes to your hair & then you just cut it off"

He asked me -
"You wonder why I have soap all over my face?"
I wasn't going to have even asked, but he answered -
"Just using it as shaving cream!"


the end.


- - -


2 comments:

Janel said...

always have loved your quotes from the kiddos. these made me giggle. I loved that the hiccups were popping out all over the place and that sentence by Ben with places and names all combined ;)

April said...

The pet peeve and the bra quotes absolutely slayed me! I want to know what a Peeve looks like, who Sailor imagined one in her head.

I love your kids and I love it when you have a moment to share the beauty and hilarity of your life. XOXO