Saturday, April 8, 2017

To .... Undone Moments -








I heard this song earlier today .... I'm playing it over & over as I type.
My favorite line .... I'm undone by the mercy of Jesus, I'm undone by the goodness of the Lord.
A little bit of church for you on Palm Sunday eve. You're welcome.

Max is asleep on my shoulder.
I dream of sleeping through the night again, I really do.
To go to bed & not wake up or get up till the next morning ... sweet heaven.
But .... sweet heaven, my baby is still little enough to be swaddled and sleep on my shoulder.

- - -

Tonight Rex & I went for a walk.
Ben & Molly made brownies. They cleaned the kitchen. They had 2 paper plates, folded napkins with forks, Starbucks mugs filled with water, candles and notes sitting at the table.

Oh & fresh strawberries cut up with peanuts :)

There was a note on our bed written in cursive (it's national cursive month at #butlerroadacademics :) with a pencil that said:

welcome to the master sweat

and then they each signed their names (Regan said in their best handwriting)

Molly
Ben
Regan

there was little notes at the table that said:

sterbearys and peanuts

welcome to the great feats and sorry the brownies aren't really reatty

They lit candles.
Regan told us not to look till it was all ready.
Ben combed Chad's hair after their shower.
It was parted on the wrong side & so plastered to his head that I could not look with out laughing.
Now I almost cry.

They cut the brownies.
We sat and ate ... overcooked brownies on paper plates with forks ... while they stood around.
Sailor went to bed.
Jack stayed with Max at the sink while he had a bath.

I didn't take a single picture.
On purpose.

I'm undone by the mercy of Jesus.
I'm undone by the goodness of the Lord.

- - - -

Most of the rest of this was written quite awhile ago.
Finally getting around to posting it.




Ben, (at a random stoplight in town today) 'hey Sailor, _________ said if he married you, his wedding present to you would be a goat.'

I die.
Just die.

You can not make this stuff up.
Why do I not blog every single day just to remember lines like this ???

Right now, Max boy is breathing heavy & sound asleep right on my shoulder, close enough to kiss ... maybe I'll never lay him down ....

Maybe I won't care how many times he wakes up tonight ....

We read about atomic bonding in science today.
We did science today.  Fist pump emoji for actually making it to science.
Atomic bonding is when an atom connects with another atom ... fyi.

Rex found this place on AirBnB.
It looked like this out every west facing window.
We didn't even have that nice of views on our honeymoon :)


- - -





- - -











- - -








- - -









- - -










We call this little series; the ocean is cold or no one told me the waves were that close or he just kept taking pictures.

- - -


- - -



- - -




These out of place pictures are from driving over.
Our river is so so full. Our hill are so so green.

- - -


(who doesn't, but) We've had a busy month .... this trip just looking back this little bit is all the more special.  I've been so challenged lately to love these kids well.

I'm undone by the mercy of Jesus.
I'm undone by the goodness of the Lord.


No comments: